From the Australian Taxation Office
- Instant asset write-off threshold reduced to $1,000 from $6,500
- Motor Vehicle Accelerated Depreciation discontinued
This year the ATO are using extensive data analysis to identify areas requiring attention across all work-related expense claims, regardless of occupation.
The ATO are paying particular attention to work-related expense claims relating to:
- overnight travel
- transporting bulky tools and equipment
- the work-related use of computers, phones or other electronic devices.
- they must have spent the money
- the expense must be related to their job
- they must have a record to prove it.
After this the superannuation guarantee rate will increase 0.5 per cent each year until it reaches 12 per cent from 1 July 2025.
1st Quarter of FY 2015: BAS Lodgement – September Quarter (including PAYGI) 28th October, 2014 final date for lodgement & payment
Remember if a registered BAS agent, such as Austi Bookkeeping Pty Ltd lodges your quarter 1 FY 2015 BAS, the final date for lodgement and payment is 25th November 2014.
Due date for super guarantee contributions, for 1st Quarter of FY 2015, July to September 2014 – contributions to be made to the fund by 28th October, 2014.
If you do not pay minimum super contributions for quarter 4 by this date, you must pay the super guarantee charge and lodge a Superannuation guarantee charge statement – quarterly with the ATO by 28 November 2014. The super guarantee charge is not tax deductible
Refer to the ATO for details regarding any SGC charges applicable if not paid by due date.